TEDxStormont Women is back, taking place on Thursday 27 October from 6pm to 9pm at Parliament Buildings, Stormont.
Organised along the ‘It’s About Time’ theme and supported by Ulster Bank, the event will feature 14 leading thinkers, innovators, artists, politicians, philosophers and entertainers from the UK, Ireland and the United States representing such diverse fields as technology, entertainment, visual and performance art, design, politics, music and education, among others.
The event will be compered by former broadcaster Sarah Travers.
This will be the second time that TEDxStormont Women has taken place and due to popular demand will be in the Great Hall, Parliament Buildings, Stormont.
Over 175 guests have signed up already with nearly 200 expected on the day.
Eva Grosman, Curator of TEDxStormont Women 2016 said:
“This is an event that provides a platform for women and women’s issues at the home of decision making in Northern Ireland.”
“Bringing TEDxStormont Women to the wonderful setting of Parliament Buildings is the perfect place to listen to the ideas and inspiration of the wealth of speakers participating this year”
“Through the power of our ideas we can overcome the challenges of the 21st century and TEDxStormont Women presents a wonderful opportunity for us to hear from some fantastic women from the worlds of politics, business, and entertainment and beyond as they share their ideas.”
“The event has been made possible with the support from our main sponsor Ulster Bank who has had the vision to support TEDxStormont Women.
Richard Donnan, Head of Northern Ireland at Ulster Bank, the lead sponsor of TEDxStormont Women 2016 said:
“We’re proud to support our local communities and TEDxStormont Women is an excellent way to do that – we have a strong history of supporting female entrepreneurship, and through initiatives like our Focused Women’s network, we provide a platform for women to share ideas and achieve success.
“This event provides people with the opportunity to hear from some truly innovative and insightful speakers and build on the energy and enthusiasm generated by the most recent event at the MAC.”
Speakers and Performers will include:
- Claire Sugden – MLA Northern Ireland Minister for Justice
- Niall Downey – Doctor, Surgeon, Airline Captain
- Eileen Mullan – Launched Strictly Boardroom, Chair of Age NI
- Kaja Choma – Fitness Trainer, Health Advocate and Personal Growth enthusiast
- Lindsey Robinson – Perinatal Mental Health advocate (Married to Gavin Robinson MP)
- Adele Doherty – Alzheimer’s Society, Regional Operations Manager
- Lady Portia Di’ Monte – Belfast socialite Drag Queen
- Carrie Montgomery – Deputy CEO, Contact NI
- Julia and Jean-Paul De Villiers – (Julia) Creator of the Julia Cameron lifestyle brand and (Jean Paul) Peak performance coach and best-selling author
- Joyce Ferder Rankin – Award Winning Photo Journalist, Off to Antarctica in 2017
- Nuala Davies – Actoress, Singer, Burlesque Dancer, Writer, Teacher
- Dorcas Crawford – Senior Partner at Edwards &Co Solicitors and launched #BelfastHour
- Amanda St John – Singer-Songwriter